Thursday, December 29, 2022

Shadow Knows Beds




My bed is very nice.
 

Your red blanket?


My blanket's nice, but, no, my bed.  


Where do you mean? Daisy’s pet bed on the floor? You haven’t tried it. I wondered if you’d like one like that. 


No, I like my bed


Your bed? Where?


This one. The one I’m on. Window view. Fluffy, pretty blanket. Warm. Soft yet firm. And big. That’s the best part. B-I-G. Big. 


That's my bed!


Mmmm…it WAS your bed. But I think I’m going to find that it is perfect for me.  The thing is, it’s high so I can see everyone. No one will step on me - so offensive to be stepped on. There’s a window for spying birds. There are lots of seagulls - not my favorite bird, but I’m sure spring will be entertaining. 


Sigh. 


Don’t worry, I’ll let you share a corner. It’s nice to have a human on your bed at night. They’re kind of warm - as long as they don’t take the whole space!  You won’t do that, will you?


Sigh. I’ll stay right on this edge. I’m sure we can make it work. I don’t take up much room. 


You need to stop sighing so much. Try purring. It's good for the soul.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Shadow, you know how to claim a bed for your own! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Shadow wants to know what you think.

Shadow Knows People